General Tree sale Information
Each spring, Columbia County Soil and Water Conservation District hosts their annual Bare Root Tree and Shrub sale offering bare root plants to local residents. These plants are available at a low cost for conservation purposes, but, at the same time add to the beauty of your property.
All plants are sold as bare root (unpotted) and range in size from 10" to 24", depending on variety.
Orders are accepted from January through mid-March, with plants ready for pick-up at the end of April.
All orders are pre-paid. Payment with check or money order must accompany order when it is placed.
Bare Root Tree & Shrub Sale
2019 Tree and Shrub Sale ordering period has ended.
Be sure to mark you calendars for order pick-up.
There are two days to do so:
FRIDAY - APRIL 26 - 9 a.m.. to 6 p.m..
SATURDAY - APRIL 27 - 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Important - - - -
- Please be sure to make arrangements for someone to pick up your order if you are unavailable.
- No orders will be held past last pick up day ( Saturday, Apr 27 -1 P.M.)
- Office is closed on Saturday. Messages will not be answered until after pick up has ended.
- Most trees are transplants or seedling, meaning that they are small (under 3 ft tall)
- Apple and Sweet Cherry trees are not small. They are sold individually, but are typically 4 to 5 ft tall with developed branches. Plan accordingly since they will not fit entirely inside a small vehicle.
- Trees should be planted as soon as time allows. Leave in cool, dark place until planted.
Thank you for your interest and participation. Enjoy your new trees!